Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2002:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: loading rulesets

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: loading rulesets
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 12:14:12 +0100

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 12:29:39AM +0100, Per I. Mathisen wrote:

[...]

> Of course, this will create problems with setting rulesets from within the
> server. My take on this is: Add another server option, "reload", which
> reloads the rulesets. (Automatically reloading rulesets for each time a
> ruleset setting is changed is not an option for obvious reasons.)

[...]

> Useful ideas? Comments?

Yes, I want this too, but the ruleset parsing code exit()s on any errors,
see

   http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200108/msg00265.html

(which is now in CVS) and

  http://arch.freeciv.org/freeciv-dev-200112/msg00446.html

(I don't know if Andy continued on this).

> Yours,
> Per
>
> "What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
> happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli

Worse, what we least expect crashes the server!

--
Reinier