[Freeciv-Dev] Re: new civworld patch out

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: new civworld patch out
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 08:29:53 -0600

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 10:02:12AM +0100, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> On 2002-01-17 22:57:59, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> > there's a new civworld version on the ftp site in incoming/
>
> I'm sure I've been told this before but what's the reason civworld is
> not included in cvs?

good question. for one, I haven't fought for this yet. for two, there's
a lot of code duplication and no nice, clean way to fit it in.

A possible way to do it would be to add a bunch (thats _a_lot_) of
"#if[n]def CIVWORLD" throughout client and gui-gtk.
It's not the most pretty, and is frowned upon right now, but it might work.

> Perhaps you could put the answer to that quesition
> on http://www.freeciv.org/civworld/, in civworld.README or both so I
> don't have to ask again enxt time I forget... :)

ok.

-mike