[Freeciv-Dev] Re: cvs compiling problem (PR#1128)

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: cvs compiling problem (PR#1128)
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:49:50 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Reinier Post wrote:
> What is the appropriate thing to do if msgfmt is not found?

The easiest solution is to kill NLS. The "--disable-nls" option does that,
and it should be possible to do that automatically from within configure
as well.

But msgfmt is missing on a lot of systems, my own up-to-date
Debian/testing included. So why is it required? Maybe we should add it to
the sources and compile it along with freeciv?

Yours,
Per

"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education."
 -- Albert Einstein