[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv Todo

To: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: mateusz stefek <matusik_s@xxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv Todo
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:55:25 +0100

Dear diary, on Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 02:17:10AM CET, I got a letter,
where Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> Your list is pretty ambitious. I suggest finishing off most of what you
> already
> have before going on to the other stuff.
Obviously. Cleanups are top priority. This TODO is meant rather as stock for
various ideas about what should be implemented/fixed in the AI, and I don't
expect doing that all by myself by any rate! :-)

> As for cleanup of  THRESOLD*move_rate uses:
Basically I mean that THRESHOLD should be always multiplied by either move_rate
or SINGLE_MOVE (imho).

> I'm not sure what to do there. I've noticed that sometimes when a  unit is a
> caravan (have not noticed this for other units) they adjust the threshold
> value much higher. Caravans are an oddball exception. They clearly benefit
> from a high threshold, yet they have a low move rate.
Can you please specify where?

> I suggest that you go ahead and send in your threshold comments. It's an
> improvement on what we have now.
I sent small patch adding a comment to #define THRESHOLD already before, IIRC.
It will get in with my cleanup patches I think.

> find_beachhead(), haven't even touched this, will send in something 8 hrs from
> now.
Ok.

> find_something_to_kill(), cleaned up, found that m is used in two different
> ways,c seems to be the amount of turns a sea unit will take to reach dest.
If m is used in two different ways, I would probably recommend using two
different
variables.

> find_nearest_friendly_port(), needs a lot of work
> really_generate_warmap() Ack. I'm going to let GB handle this.
Fine.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

UN*X programmer, UN*X administrator, hobbies = IPv6, IRC, FreeCiv hacking
.
  "A common mistake that people make, when trying to design
   something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
   ingenuity of complete fools."
     -- Douglas Adams in Mostly Harmless
.
Public PGP key, geekcode and stuff: http://pasky.ji.cz/~pasky/