[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation, Usability and Development

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation, Usability and Development
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:55:40 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:56:04PM -0500, vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > As I recall, everyone (or at least everyone who expressed an opinion,
> > which may or may not have included the maintainers) was in favor of a
> > more open development model.  I believe the idea was to recruit a few
> > more maintainers - but this never happened (AFAIK).
>
> we certainly do need another maintainer or two, and with the admonition
> that one may not apply his own patch.

Agree 100%

We can also introduce a subclass "reviewer" with no writing priveleges
but with more ability to influence things.  Like if a reviewer (or two)
say the patch is good, then the responsible maintainer either has to
include it or specify why not -- within a reasonable amount of time (say
a week).

G.