[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation, Usability and Development

To: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Documentation, Usability and Development
From: Petrus Viljoen <viljoenp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:23:54 +0200

Kevin Brown wrote:

> things, after all, so we should use them, yes?).  Most people are
> perfectly willing to adhere to rules such as the one about formatting,
> but the more such rules you insist upon, the more quickly they'll
> decide to work on some other project that isn't so anal.

Don't agree with you .

If you don't lay down the rules (Personality of this project) you will get a
mishmash of coding styles naming conventions etc.. Making it more difficult to
to understand the source and structure  of the project.

Personally I think the source  in FreeCiv is in a very good shape. Easy to
understand & read.
And this is because of strict adherence to some simple rules.