[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Thoughts about corruption

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Thoughts about corruption
From: Gregor Zeitlinger <zeitling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:43:00 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Kevin Brown wrote:
> > Well, what I meant was that corruption for a city depends on the total
> > number of cities or the number of a city (in order: distance to capital or
> > history) rather than the acutal distance to a city. In two I was
> > describing that order.
>
> But corruption is really just an expression of how much a city will
> deviate from the ruler's wishes (and, in the case of production, how
> much of the economic value of said production winds up in the hands of
> the corrupt local rulers instead of where you, the supreme ruler, wish
> it to go).
Yes, in terms of realism you may be right. The first problem about realism
is that I don't care much. Secondly it may be in contradiction to balance
or strategic depth. And thirdly, if you argue that way, its easy to get a
really bloated and broken gaming system.

bye

--
Gregor Zeitlinger
gregor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx