[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:35:44 -0700 (PDT)

--- Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > No why should it? Which one should CMA use if you have two
> > > combinations which only differ in food. It chooses the one with the
> > > bigger food value.
> >
> > You won't like the answer: It should choose the one with the lower
> > value and leave the better tile for another city.

I must have been asleep. Why should the CMA leave the better tile for another
city? At this stage we do not know if there is even another city. If I missing
some prior details set me straight.

> I have never thought about this. A very good argument. I will probably
> implement a weight of 0.
>

> > A ratio 2:3 will give you the same result as 3:4 or 4:5, if all other
> > stats are zero. I think this is more transparent for the player.
>
> I don't think so. In my solution 2:3 would yield the same as 4:6 or
> 6:9. Does anybody have a third opinion?

Raimar is obviously correct. In fact a ration of 3:4 or 4:5 is 0.75 and 0.8
respectively. They're not even the same as each other.