[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6

To: freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Comments on CMA 2.6
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:50:04 +0200

Am Dienstag, 23. Oktober 2001 14:15 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:41:28PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > >
> > > Technically the core CMA needs non-zero weights. However the
> > > interface doesn't have to use these weights. It may map them to
> > > other using a different scale of example.
> >
> > The CMA core should have the ability of ignoring a sort of
> > production at all. E.g. in my games a food surplus is often wasted
> > *at* *all*. Is a 0.01 weight possible?
>
> Yes. Just multiply all weights by 100. So you have core weights
> (which are ints and always >1) and floating point interface weights.

Not the interface, the core. Is the core able to ignore e.g. food
at all in the maximize calculation?

> > > So what about the surplus (the left sliders)?

> > > I do this sort of thing very often.  If I'm using potentially
> > > high-prod cities where I cant afford to buy, or if I want enough
> > > armor or cruisers for a major assault some time in the next ten
> > > turns.  I would definitely want CMA to support this sort of
> > > strategy.
> >
> > So if Daniel and others really need this - it means changing CMA's
> > setting for a single turn - why not take the needed shields from
> > the city info itself? That means that the CMA will pass control the
> > very round after, but I think that is intended. So:

> >-
> >
> > Food:   X allow loss   X no loss   X surplus
> >
> > Prod:   X allow loss   X no loss   X finish current
>
> So "finish current"=shield_stock-cost?!

I don't know. "finish current" == The CMA shall guarantee that the
city produces at least so many shields that it can finish the current
production in the next round.

> > Gold:   X allow loss   X no loss

> >-
> >
> > For the right side sliders I fancy a slider with values n of
> > (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) mapped according weight = e ^ (( n - 1) / 2) to
> > (0, 1, 1.6, 2.7, 4.5, 7.4).
>
> Why?

According to my previuos posts: 0 is to ignore a stat, 1 is the base
factor for other stats, 7.4 is a good approximation to the maximum
ratio probably ever needed to weight a very important stat over other
stats (e.g. production vs. gold when a bomber is being produced), and
1.6, 2.7, and 4.5 are the steps inbetween, giving a total of 6 steps
which gives reasonable control and is still handy. pfhhh

>       Raimar

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *