[Freeciv-Dev] Re: check_map_pos update

To: jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: check_map_pos update
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 03:59:17 -0700 (PDT)

--- Jason Dorje Short <vze2zq63@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> But the question remains: is the focus hack necessary?  There is other code
> in find_visible_unit that checks to see if a city is present, and although I
> don't see how it could affect this situation I think more study should be
> done.
>
> As I said before, I see no ill effects of simply removing the line.  Perhaps
> we could just comment it out for a while and see if anyone complained?

Yes, good idea. I am curious about how much freeciv code is understood by
the current active set of developers. There seem to be a lot of situations
like the focus hack, particularly in the AI and the gui, where no-one has
a clear idea of the function of the code.

Maybe a commenting out jehad is necessary. When stuff breaks, that is normally
a clue to what is really happening.