[Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion for smaller dialogs

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: suggestion for smaller dialogs
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:33:12 +0200

Am Sonntag, 30. September 2001 16:23 schrieb Karl-Ingo Friese:
> Hello there,
>
> as already stated by others before, some dialogs take enourmous space
> on the screen; especialy in some localized versions. Two ideas to
> solve this:
>
> As I just tried out, a simple '\n' between two words make the button
> display the text in two lines. This might especialy useful for the
> localized versions of the player report, for example the german
> one. This works if I changed the hardcoded default text, I dont know
> about the NLS stuff. Could the translators try this out ?

Yes, this works also for the translation, I've tried it before.
And yes, it might be a solution for the problem, if nothing else
helps. It's possible but it doesn't look very nice.

> The city report has to many buttons, meaining, it is wider than
> it needs to be. One could either
>
> o split them into two rows or

maybe

> o for the begining, get rid of the "popup" button since this
>   more easily done by a double click on the row containing the
>   city (which already works).

Not so good, Al. Can't we solve the real problem, that is make
every button use only as much as space as needed for the text?
Maybe, if you put each button into a seperate frame/box?

> Comments on this would be wanted.
> Ingo

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *