[Freeciv-Dev] suggestion for smaller dialogs

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] suggestion for smaller dialogs
From: Karl-Ingo Friese <kif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 16:23:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hello there,

as already stated by others before, some dialogs take enourmous space
on the screen; especialy in some localized versions. Two ideas to
solve this:

As I just tried out, a simple '\n' between two words make the button
display the text in two lines. This might especialy useful for the
localized versions of the player report, for example the german
one. This works if I changed the hardcoded default text, I dont know
about the NLS stuff. Could the translators try this out ?

The city report has to many buttons, meaining, it is wider than
it needs to be. One could either

o split them into two rows or
o for the begining, get rid of the "popup" button since this
  more easily done by a double click on the row containing the
  city (which already works).

Comments on this would be wanted.
Ingo

--