[Freeciv-Dev] Re: How to give an specific technology in a scenario?

To: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Paul Zastoupil <paulz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: How to give an specific technology in a scenario?
From: Ben Webb <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:51:05 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, Arien Malec wrote:

> Looks similar, but my patch is oriented around giving default techs to all
> players, and yours is oriented around giving techs to specific nations? Seem
> like complimentary approaches.

        Correct. The idea was to implement SMAC-like starting techs,
where each faction (or nation, in Freeciv) gets a different starting tech.
In SMAC this is used to give different factions different advantages, but
in more extreme cases it could be envisaged that this could be used to
create entirely separate technology trees for different nations, by making
it impossible to research these starting technologies normally.

        Ben
--
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/~ben/
"Go ahead, make my day."