[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Watchtower v3

To: Sebastian Bauer <sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] Watchtower v3
From: Jules Bean <jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:31:29 +0100

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 03:12:33PM +0200, Bert Buchholz wrote:
> No, but really, why? Of course I'm willing to change it, but not w/o
> reason. Probably there is a good reason, but I'd like to know why I do
> stuff.

Why?  Because it's exactly the sort of thing you'd want to change in
custom rulesets.

On the subject: the dichotomoy between ruleset parameters and server
variables is becoming harder and harder to understand. A radical
solution: make them *all* ruleset variables, and permit ruleset
variables to be altered from the server commandline. (These
alterations wouldn't be written out to the ruleset files, it would
just be a way of having custom games).

Jules

PS: Sebastian, your version of mutt is generating a broken
somewhere is (brokenly, I guess) completing to swk@xxxxxxxxxxxx.