[Freeciv-Dev] Re: idea/suggestion

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: idea/suggestion
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 18:15:20 +0200

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 03:23:43PM +0100, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Markus Schmaus wrote:
> >
> > On every tile a city uses, there could be a small "village" displayed
> > on the global map. I see two improvements. First the map would look
> > more inhabited. Second it would improve city-management. It would be
> > possible to detect flaws in city production from outside your city. You
> > would see at once, if there are tiles needing improvment or a city uses
> > an unimproved tile next to an empty improved one.
>
> maybe not a village but a red tile boundary like in the city dialog
> window, but the idea is certainly good (from a gamer's point of view).

I have exactly this in my working tree. It is also included in the
sma3 snapshot. Take a look at the new method
get_worker_on_map_position in common/city.c. I will make a separate
patch if I will have the time (I should reduce the number of emails I
answer). If somebody wants it earlier go ahead.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Life is too short for reboots."