[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Map coordinate cleanups.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Map coordinate cleanups.
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 10:51:53 +0100 (BST)

 --- Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >
> > IS_WRAPPED = wrapping rules applied but not necessarily real
>

> As others (Ross?  David?) have pointed out, the purpose of wrapping
> coordinates is to discover which real tile they refer to.  If
> coordinates do not refer to a real tile, then they cannot be wrapped in
> a meaningful way.

Personally I agree with you and think that IS_WRAPPED would provide an
unnecessary distinction between "very" unreal coordinates and "slightly"
unreal coordinates.  But if Gaute think it will help him debug, why not?
I'm trying to find a compromise: (a) let Gaute have a function that (it
seems) nobody but him will ever use but (b) leave the names of other
functions alone.

But if people think that they must have it their way and no other way,
well, battle on...

G.