[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Corecleanup patch updates

To: "Mike Kaufman" <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gaute B Strokkenes" <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Corecleanup patch updates
From: "SamBC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:16:17 +0100

And? By my understanding of topology (which may be a little faulty, but
blame Prof. V I Falko of Lancaster University, UK, for that) we aren't using
the essential point of orientability, in that we don't distinguish two sides
of our surface. Möbius surfaces (loops, Klein bottles, and more esoteric
oddities) would merely add the consideration of coexistent points not being
the same point on the surface (and this makes no sense to those who haven't
studied mathematical topologies)...

btw, anyone got any idea what this topology would end up as? My professor
never got around to trying to answer it...

v                  ^

Answers on a postcard (or email). There are no prizes...

SamBC