Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: July 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: baseline without cvs

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: baseline without cvs
From: "Jennifer Glover" <jglover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 13:14:37 -0400

Yeah, I ended up with a problem with the HBITMAP2BITMAP, because the
function GetBitmapBits is not available on WindowsCE.  So I wasn't
sure how to copy a bitmap.  That is why I replaced the bit buffer you
were keeping around with an HBITMAP.  Does FreeCiv really keep around
1200 bitmaps?  That seems awfully excessive.  No wonder I am having
problems with the amount of run-time memory allocated!  Can you think
of a way to copy a bitmap's bits like what was originally happening in
HBITMAP2BITMAP without using GetBitmapBits?  Or even better, a way to
make FreeCiv a bit smarter about its use of bitmaps?  Maybe where it
only loads the tiles/units it is actually using?

Yeah, another problem was the lack of a console app for PocketPC.  I
originally made stdin and stdout to be files' of my creation, but I
couldn't think of a good reason for this, except for mimicking a
console app.  I wanted a gui driven control, not command line, so I
ended up getting rid of this custom implementation of stdin/stdout.

Jenn