Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleaning up configure.in

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Cleaning up configure.in
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 22:17:37 +0100 (WET DST)

On 17 Jun 2001, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > I thought to myself... what is the standard X app that everyone uses
> > that is Xaw based? XTerm.  What X version has public access
> > mailing-lists that would pop up on Google?
> >
> > So... "autoconf xterm site:xfree86.org" and "I'm Feeling Lucky".
>
> That's a good idea, but unfortunately Xterm doesn't use Xaw, just Xt.

Actually it does. For the scrollbar and menus at least:

#include <X11/Xaw/SimpleMenu.h>
#include <X11/Xaw/Box.h>
#include <X11/Xaw/SmeBSB.h>
#include <X11/Xaw/SmeLine.h>

#include <X11/Xaw/Scrollbar.h>

Xt isn't a toolkit. Its a library to build toolkits. Xaw is the toolkit
(Xaw Athena Widgets) based on Xt that usually comes with X.
Motif is another toolkit based on Xt.

You probably already know this but i wanted to make sure :-)

---