[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions - scrolling improvements.

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Suggestions - scrolling improvements.
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04 Jan 2001 10:02:57 +0100

On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Reinier Post (rp@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
>> OK, so as I understand it, movement and working 'points' are shared
>> in Civ II.  Does this also mean that a Settler may finish its work
>> halfway a turn and still have a chance to move?
>
> A Settler cannot perform work and move in the same turn.

If you're talking about Civ 2, you're definitely wrong (unless there
is some difference between Settlers and Engineers apart from the MP
difference that I don't know about.)  With only 1 MP available this is
a bit tricky to pull off, but not at all impossible.

> However, if you have multiple Settlers working on a project, they're
> processed one at a time -- and when enough work has been done to
> complete the project, any Settlers who haven't worked yet become
> idle and can be moved (or assigned to new work on the same tile).

This is how the beginning (or end; I don't really know) of turn update
works, yes.  Off course, it only applies to tile improvements that
take several turns to complete.

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
A can of ASPARAGUS, 73 pigeons, some LIVE ammo, and a FROZEN DAQUIRI!!