[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II incompatibility for settler actions? (was: Sugg

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ II incompatibility for settler actions? (was: Suggestions - scrolling improvements.)
From: Greg Wooledge <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 20:01:35 -0500

Gaute B Strokkenes (gs234@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 05:08:12AM +0100, Gaute B Strokkenes wrote:

> >> ...which, incidentally, reminds me of Gaute's Pet Freeciv Peeve
> >> #337: building roads and railroads does not work as in Civ 2.

> Actually, I think it's not just roads and railroads, but other kinds
> of activities as well.  It's just not that noticeable.

It's *very* noticeable.  In Civ2, you can put two Engineers, a defender
and a bunch of attackers on a Transport, unload them next to a city
and have the Engineers build a Fortress before the owner of the city
can react.  In Freeciv, this isn't possible.

But the question is: which way do we *want* it to act?

--
*** Please note new address. -->  |  Greg Wooledge
"Truth belongs to everybody."     |  http://wooledge.org/~greg/
  Red Hot Chili Peppers           |  old page: http://www.kellnet.com/wooledge/