[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is Civworld out of date?

To: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is Civworld out of date?
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 01:56:09 +0100

On Wednesday 03 January 2001 23:39, Miguel Farah F. wrote:
> I downloaded the latest civworld, and I heavily suspect it hasn't been
> updated in a while (it wouldn't compile, it made references to
> structures in the Freeciv source code that weren't there (anymore?),
> etcetera).
>
> I'd like to know wether it is officially not being maintained.
>

> I ask this because I intend to design a few maps of my own, and I can't
> do it with that package. Or, I could do the maps withthe CivII editor,
> IF there was a conversion program...

I have takes some civworld code and some gtk client code and shaken them
together. It is somewhat bugge and leaks some memory, but works fine for
creating maps. Just download the latest (and I mean latest - I just commited
the patch to make it work) CVS apply the patch, do "autoconf && automake &&
./configure && make", chmod +x map, and off you go. It should be fairly
self-explaining.

http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/civworld.diff.bz2

-Thue