[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is Civworld out of date?

To: "Miguel Farah F." <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Is Civworld out of date?
From: Niels Weber <nath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:41:09 +0100

Hi Miguel

Miguel Farah F. wrote:

Niels Weber dijo/said:

Miguel Farah F. wrote:

I ask this because I intend to design a few maps of my own, and I can't
do it with that package. Or, I could do the maps withthe CivII editor,
IF there was a conversion program...

Just edit a savegame. It's not so hard, I did it too. (You can ask me, if you have problems with the mapediting.)

You mean editing it with a hex editor? Ok, spill the beans right away on
what I need to know, so I won't have to rediscover the wheel.

No need to use a hex-editor. The savegames are plaintext. I usually just fire up my xemacs, take it to an appropriate size and then start. If you take one of the world-maps as a basis, you'll see the map in the editor. You just need to put the right letters at the right places. (g = grassland, p = plains, d = desert, r = river, etc.)

Niels