Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: generalized granary size (PR#635)

To: Andrew McGuinness <andrew_mcguinness@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: generalized granary size (PR#635)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 00:25:09 +0100

I updated the food_weighting() function in CVS. However, now that I look more
at that peice of code it seems a little inconsistent to me. Fx, why the MAX
in
  i *= food_weighting(MAX(2,pcity->size));
in city_tile_value()? The value of a tile should be the value this turn, and
if it changed the next turn you would just use the function again and maybe
stop using the tile. Then there is no reason to use the special case for size
one cities, you could just use the exact value, which is objectively
determined.
It is however usefull when calculating whether a settler should build
irrigation on a tile, for if the settler improved the land while the city was
small it would hugely favor food. But that just proves that we need a new
function to use in that case.
I don't have the time to patch this myself, but I just though I would mention
it.

-Thue