Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: generalized granary size (PR#635)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: generalized granary size (PR#635)
From: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2000 14:06:59 -0800 (PST)

Thue <thue@xxxxxxx> wrote:

If you want that ICS fix to get into the default ruleset the AI better be updated to understand it.

I realize it is no yet practical to get ICS fix into the default ruleset, partly because of the AI, partly because there is not enough support for it. That's why I left the default ruleset as it is in the updated version of the patch. I would be very happy to just have an alternative to the default.

Also, patching freeciv in a way that will get the AI even more out if
sync is generelly not very attractive.

You are absolutely right. That's why I am reading the AI code right now, and one related AI fix is already on the way.

Mike