Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Memory leak fixed, new version uploaded

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Memory leak fixed, new version uploaded
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:22:07 +0000 (WET)

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Andreas Kemnade wrote:

> I have fixed the memory leak in the windows-gtk version. The bug was
> in gdk_gc_set_clip_mask. The was one g_malloc without g_free.
>
> The patch is send to the gdk-win people.

Excellent.  I realise you are putting a lot of effort in the native Common
Controls port but this way Win32 users can have a more eased existence in
the interim.  Not to mention other ports will benefit too.

> I have put a new version for windows in the incoming dir of
> ftp.freeciv.org.
>
> freeciv-1.11.4-win.zip-1
>
> The file freeciv-1.11.4-win.zip can be deleted (my internet connection
> has broken down while uploading).
>
> I don't stop working on the native windows port (it is much faster
> than the windows-gtk port).

I agree with you.  It's always much nicer to have a fully native port.
Users used to the native look&feel of the GUI don't like learning a new
GUI just to use an app.  Maybe it will even use less mem?

---