Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Memory leak fixed, new version uploaded

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Memory leak fixed, new version uploaded
From: Nathan Lovell <lovell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 03:28:53 -0700 (MST)

> >  > Yes, I noticed that GTK is EXTREMELY slow.  Is the native windows port
> >  > available for testing, then?

> > I think the way to draw (pix/bit)-maps with masks (=Icons on windows)
> > is quite slow because gdk_gc_set_mask is quite complex and
> > slow.

> > I have put a test version at
> > http://home.t-online.de/home/akemnade/incomplete-win-native.zip
>
> I tested that, and saw that you had done very good work (although
> some dialogs were still a bit ugly, but that's understandable).

Hey, I tried out that windows native version, and I'm quite
impressed.  The experience was so much better than with GTK!  And that's
with the "ugly" dialogs (not sure what he means by this... I find the
win/GTK dialogs hideous).

Are you looking for bug reports/ comments on your version?  I assume you
know that Revolution -> new government doesn't work, and that some of the
Orders menu options aren't greyed when they should be (I think- if you
can't irrigate because you're not adjacent water, it should be greyed,
right?)

Anyway, good work!