Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client goto & patrol

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client goto & patrol
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 10:27:43 -0400

At 2000/10/21 15:36 , Thue wrote:
>> One thing I don't understand is the new argument ("result") for
>> get_packet_from_connection().  It seems to have no effect, so I'd prefer it
>> not to exist.
>
>It is used in server.c:sniff_packets().
[snip]

Okay, I see now.  The comment helps, thanks.

>The patch with jjm's changes applied and a comment added is now at
>http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/client_goto-final-3.diff.gz

Attached is a patch (to be applied after client_goto-final-3.diff) which
adds a distinct cursor for patrol.  I also thought the arrowheads on the
patrol indicator were invisible, so I changed them to be the same color as
the rest of the arrow.

One thing I noticed that bothers me is that there seems to be a lot of
replicated code between the two clients in put_line(), draw_segment() and
undraw_segment() -- especially since they are fairly complicated.  Couldn't
the bulk of these be placed in common code (somewhere in ./client)?

jjm