Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client goto & patrol

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client goto & patrol
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Oct 2000 00:13:56 +0200

Thue <thue@xxxxxxx> writes:

> We try again:
>
> http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/client_goto-final.diff.gz

I like this a lot. I noticed some things, though:

* clicking with the middle button on a unit used to display it's
  target point. This doesn't work any more. It would be nice if it
  could draw a line.

* I think having a different "patrol" cursor would be nice. There's no
  feedback when I press 'g' and then 'q' that it worked.

* A great thing would be to add little lables numbering the turns on
  the path like CivCTP does, but it would of course make redrawing
  much more difficult.

* What happens after a goto is initiated and there appears a shorter
  route, e. g. a road is finished? It would be nice if the route was
  adapted, perhaps with a message for the player so he can check it.

        Falk