Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Sep 2000 14:05:40 +0200

* "Erik" == Erik Sigra schrieb am Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:28:58 +0200:

> Great, we got a tester!

Don't expect too much.

> You don't have to test anything right now. But in a few days I will

Great! :) I'm short of time right now.

> post coordinates-3 for testing. It will contain my river patch since

Very good!

> The sort of testing required is things like checking that the
> terrain gets rendered properly, unit movement is correct and such.

Is there a method to just get freeciv ro render some maps?
It is timeconsuming to start a game with a single player and 10
explorers just to see the map.

I would like to do

for i in 10 20 30 40 50; do  freeciv -generate --river=$i > map$i.gif ; done

> Test with different settings for forests, deserts, etc. (That is the
> testing I will do but it is not enough that only I do it.)

How do you do it?

> You could even read the source code. It is relatively easy. There is

May be.

> no gui or network code, no file access or other special stuff. Just

Ok, then I might be able to comprehend it.

> basic C that can be understood by people with good computer
> experience. If you understand the source code, you will know better
> what to test for and you can find errors that can't be easily found
> during simple testing.

Cheers,
        Gerhard