Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO

To: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Sep 2000 17:00:42 +0200

* "Jeff" == Jeff Mallatt schrieb am Tue, 19 Sep 2000 10:31:45 -0400:

> Good question. While CVS!=stable, it's also true that CVS!=unstable.
> As many problems as possible should be hashed out through posted
> patches on the development list.

Sometimes if one wants to try a patch one has difficulties in finding
a version that cleanly applies to (meanwhile changed) CVS. Would it be
possible to make auto-rolled patches vs. CVS?

Another problem is, that maybe one wants to try different patches
together, which is sometimes not possible (for me).

Anyway, I like the fact that no built of CVS has ever failed for me
(in a serious way).

Cheers,
        Gerhard