Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO
From: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:23:43 +0200

Thue wrote:
> - Server-side player scripting.

Could you perhaps add a little description or example what you mean?

> - Diplomacy:
>   * Senate

Also known as "Planetary Council".

> - Split the server like the client, with a sub directory for a terminal
>   based frontend, one for a graphical frontend, etc. For a start we
>   would only have one sub directory with the terminal based frontend,
>   as it is now.

I heard someone saying that the server frontend could be integrated in
the client. That seemd natural to me. It does not exclude a terminal
based frontend.

> - Create a new "ocean" variable in the tile struct, similar to the
>   "continent" variable. It needs assisiated functions to be kept up to date
>   in both the server and the client. It should also have an associated
>   function is_oceans_connected(ocean1, ocean2, player) that returns if
>   a city exists that connects the two oceans for that player.

Yes. Civ2 seemd tho have ocean numbers. It could handle up to 64 bodies
of water.

> - Make the AI use the new automated ferryboat code. (note that the new
>   ferryboat code is not yet in CVS...)

I suggest you just commit it instead of having that parenthesis here.