Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO

To: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: TODO
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:31:56 +0200

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 09:23:43 Erik Sigra wrote:
> Thue wrote:
> > - Server-side player scripting.
>
> Could you perhaps add a little description or example what you mean?

I do not know excactly; I did not add this item.

> > - Diplomacy:
> >   * Senate
>
> Also known as "Planetary Council".
>
> > - Split the server like the client, with a sub directory for a terminal
> >   based frontend, one for a graphical frontend, etc. For a start we
> >   would only have one sub directory with the terminal based frontend,
> >   as it is now.
>
> I heard someone saying that the server frontend could be integrated in
> the client. That seemd natural to me. It does not exclude a terminal
> based frontend.

I think I prefer to have it in the server. After all, all the variables you
adjust are in the server.

> > - Create a new "ocean" variable in the tile struct, similar to the
> >   "continent" variable. It needs assisiated functions to be kept up to
date
> >   in both the server and the client. It should also have an associated
> >   function is_oceans_connected(ocean1, ocean2, player) that returns if
> >   a city exists that connects the two oceans for that player.
>
> Yes. Civ2 seemd tho have ocean numbers. It could handle up to 64 bodies
> of water.

I didn'øt even know that. I do not what it because civ 2 had it, I want it
because it is usefull (essential!) for AI programming.

> > - Make the AI use the new automated ferryboat code. (note that the new
> >   ferryboat code is not yet in CVS...)
>
> I suggest you just commit it instead of having that parenthesis here.

It is not tested enough.

-Thue