[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Materials in Freeciv

To: bj0v@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Materials in Freeciv
From: Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Aug 2000 17:54:20 +0200

* "Martin" == Martin Olveyra schrieb am Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:59:50 -0300:

> At the moment, I am implementing a ruleset based material managment.
> So, there will be a material.ruleset file where you can define all
> materials you like. Also, terrain.ruleset is configurable in such a
> way that different specials and terrain types will produce the
> material of your choice. This is infinite more flexible than the
> first approach I explain in my first email, and makes the original
> case (based only on "shields") just a special case.

I agree. I like the configurability of freeciv.

> I dont understand what do you mean with colonization. Can you
> explain?

Colonization is a game similar to Civilization, which is also by Sid
Meier. You play as one of four nations (British, French, Spanish,
Dutch) and conquer the new world. The goal is to become independent.
There is no research and you have to trade goods directly, mainly
export them to your habour in Europe. I liked it quote a lot.
Cheers,
        Gerhard