[Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv Networking/Mac Server patches

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv Networking/Mac Server patches
From: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 18:18:09 -0600

Hi

The attached file is a group of diffs that I used to make the server
compile on the mac.  The server will run, but exits during the listen
socket init code.  The problem seems to be in Open Transport.
Would someone with experience with the networking code [Vasco, you know who
I'm talking about] please finish the patch of netintf.c and rename the
working version to net_bsd.c.  A description of each file in the tarball
folows.

Andy Black
Mac Port Manager

civserver.c.diff
        A version of the mac option dialog (#ifdefed out due to crashes,
hardcoded version used insted, will work on later)
        Networking initilization (part of generalization)
        TODO: network cleanup (may be needed, haven't goten that far in
testing)
        added gethostname check
        #ifdef UNUSED old option dialog sub
config.mac.h.diff
        updated version.  added recent items from config.h.in, other mac
only changes
connection.c.diff
        modified read_socket_data to use generalized networking
connection.h.diff
        updated struct conection to use generalized socket def
        changed proto for read_socket_data
console.c.diff
        moved console reading from sernet.c (may be useful for other people)
        please check for problems
console.h.diff
        updated protos for move
diplhand.c.diff
        small (pointless) cleanup of handle_diplomacy_accept_treaty.
        removed use of extranious data.  remove sending of data after next
stable version
mem.c.diff
        a few mac (client) related items.
mem.h.diff
        proto for failure_cleanup
meta.c.diff
        aditional error loging
netintf.c.diff
        changes to suport revised netintf.h
        this need to be finished by someone before this patch is comited, I
would like this done soon
netintf.h.diff
        added enums and typedefs for generalized networking
        added protos for generalized networking
net_mac.c
        mac implmentation of generalized networking
        I thinks this works (famous last words)
sernet.c.diff
        makes sernet use generalized networking
        splits console reading stuff into console.c
        please check sniff_packets
sernet.h.diff
        moved a #def (to netintf.h?)
shared.h.diff
        removed some obselete enums (in a different file, file is not in
CVS, enum was mac client only)
support.c.diff
        changed nill to 0L (typedef in a reference book I used, not
implmented here)