[Freeciv-Dev] fwd: Re: AI not required to adhere to max rates (PR#505)

To: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] fwd: Re: AI not required to adhere to max rates (PR#505)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:28:46 +1000 (EST)

Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 10:19:05 -0400
From: Vincent Ugenti <skorpion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] AI not required to adhere to max rates (PR#505)

David Pfitzner wrote:

> Vincent Ugenti <skorpion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Version: 1.11.0
>
> > I noticed by observing several AI players in a computer-only game that
> > the AI can set whatever rates it wants, regardless of government.
> >
> > For example, I noticed under Despot and Monarchy AI players running with
> > 100% science rates.
>
> If your AI players are difficulty level "hard" (use 'list' in
> the server to check), then this is a feature: thats an deliberate
> advantage for the AI players on hard difficulty.
>
> If your AI players are difficulty level "normal" or "easy" ("easy"
> is the default), then this could be due to a bug which is already
> fixed in stable version 1.11.4 - please try that.  (How were the
> AI players created?  Eg, using 'create', or 'set aifill' ?)
>
> > I'm sure you cna verify this quite easily in the same way that I
> > discovered it.
>
> (Unfortunately not necessarly, because of the combination of all
> possible parameters which could have an effect :-(
>
> Regards,
> -- David

In this case it turns out the AI was set to 'hard', FYI I used 'create' to
make the AI.

For some reason the bug system would not let me reply on the web site, so
this reply is email-only. Perhaps you could make sure they do whatever is
appropriate (I imagine this would be relocated to non-bugs or something)

Thanks for your time,
Vincent