[Freeciv-Dev] idea: custom nations

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] idea: custom nations
From: Jussi Asp <ja66598@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:42:29 +0300

it would be nice if i could make my own custom nation and upload it's
info to the server when connected to pregame.
this would include picture of my nation leader ( me ), name of nation,
flag, etc. info ( national theme maybe ).
i bet there are too many nations people would like add to civilization
and this way they could just make their own and
play with it without adding all imaginable nations to freeciv code.
in the place of map in the pregame could be players faces and their
nations. ( so nations should maybe be selected already when connected ).

a bit like quake has custom skins would this add more personality so
that players wouldn't be just silent killers or poor loosers.

-Dizzyfish