[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>, Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 22:33:39 +0200

On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 12:27:04PM +0200, Erik Sigra wrote:
> Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > BTW : German anti-Nazi paranoia is unique in world-scale.
> >       Russians still have Lenin Mausoleum it prominent place of their
> > capital.
> >       The same with Chinese and Mao. Italians and Spanish aren't so
> >       paranoid to prohibit games using old dictatory symbols either.
>
> I must point out the reason for the big difference: Germany was hit many
> many times harder by fascism than Italians and Spanish (the Chinese are
> still having it). The germans lost about 1/3 of their heartlands (just
> imagine 16,000,000 refugees). Italy lost a tiny piece of land near
> Venice. Spain lost nothing under Franco. Also, many times more Germans
> died than Italians and Spanish.
>
> So don't be surprised about any difference in degree of paranoia!

Yeah, but :
a) Very most of paranoians are much younger than 50 years, so didin't live
   during war nor just after war.
b) What about Russians ?
   Rusian Comunist government (Stalin, mostly) killed more people than
   German Nazi government. If you forget about non-natives,
   and count only Germans / Russians for a moment, it will be MUCH MUCH
   more. And Commies were much more oppresive against common people.
   Anyone even *thinking* about banning game because of using Commie symbolics ?
c) I see NO AT ALL paranoia in Italy / Spain / Russia / China, not
   simply much less paranoia.
d) Are you sure with 1/3 ?
   You are including Austria, aren't you ?