[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>, Gerhard Killesreiter <killesreiter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: Erik Sigra <freeciv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:27:04 +0200

Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> BTW : German anti-Nazi paranoia is unique in world-scale.
>       Russians still have Lenin Mausoleum it prominent place of their capital.
>       The same with Chinese and Mao. Italians and Spanish aren't so
>       paranoid to prohibit games using old dictatory symbols either.

I must point out the reason for the big difference: Germany was hit many
many times harder by fascism than Italians and Spanish (the Chinese are
still having it). The germans lost about 1/3 of their heartlands (just
imagine 16,000,000 refugees). Italy lost a tiny piece of land near
Venice. Spain lost nothing under Franco. Also, many times more Germans
died than Italians and Spanish.

So don't be surprised about any difference in degree of paranoia!