[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:30:00 -0400

At 2000/07/27 12:01 , cyb97 wrote:
>why not use the real "logo" for fascism, the swastika was something Hitler
>took up (it's an old Roman symbol isn't it?), I'm referring to the axe and
>straws
>(or something like that, can't really remember how it looks now)

This is, also, a Roman symbol.  And, it's name derives from the same root
as the word "fascism":

fasces pl.n.  A bundle of rods bound together around an ax with the blade
projecting, carried before ancient Roman magistrates as an emblem of
authority. [Latin, pl. of fascis, bundle.]  --  From the American Heritage
Dictionary.

jjm