[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: Jake Kesinger <kesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:09:24 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 11:51:03AM -0500, Saikat DebRoy wrote:
[Swastika: threat or menace?]
> > And it (or at least the mirror image of it) is still considered a
> > religious symbol among the Hindus in India.
> Nazi swastika is mirrored Indo-eupopean swastika, they are not the same.
[snip] and [snip]

Except that Adenoid Hinkel and his band of merry men occasionally used
a swastika that rotated in the non-standard direction (or, more
precisely, a sauvistika, UIM) [Source: a PBS documentary I saw on swastikas
a few years ago.]

Also, it's my understanding that both varieties of foostikas are found in
the East; and that Buddhist temples are marked on Japanese maps with
swastikas.

However, this is orthogonal to the swastika under discussion, which
is unarguably associated with Mean Mr. Mustache.

Is there some other symbol of the Nazis that's (a) uniquely recognizable
and (b) acceptable in .de?

  ==Jake