[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: cyb97 <cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:01:51 +0100

At 27.07.2000 16:45 +0200, you wrote:
* "Jeff" == Jeff Mallatt schrieb am Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:13:02 -0400:

> [1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>] At 2000/07/26 21:31 , Juan Cortes
> wrote:
>> We are finished the fascist patch for freeciv 1.11.0. We decided
>> don't include the fascism as a modpack because we modified the

I was afraid that this would happen one day. The inclusion of
swastika-flags would it make illegal to distribute this patch in
Germany. The same would apply to freeciv if this patch were
included.

Greetings,
        Ger"I had such a good day until now"hard
My suggestion would be to not include this patch, and then release it
as a modpack as it was orignially intended (or it seems so from the quotes
Jeff forwarded), I can't see no good arguments for including a patch that
would "outlaw" FreeCIV in any countries (it's probably not just Germany),
the swastika is still politically loaded, and I think we shall avoid using it.

If we still would like fascism in the game (and it doesn't conflict with any laws),
why not use the real "logo" for fascism, the swastika was something Hitler
took up (it's an old Roman symbol isn't it?), I'm referring to the axe and straws
(or something like that, can't really remember how it looks now)

--
cyb97 / noXtension
cyb97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - UIN:6632808