Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 4 new nations

To: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 4 new nations
From: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:42:25 +0300

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Tony Stuckey wrote:

>> I think we shouldn't look that much on political stuff when deciding
>> which nations to include. I would suggest these rules:
>>
>> * The nation had a "national identity", i. e. language and culture etc.
>> * Somebody wants to play it.
>> * There is a nice flag and a set of leaders and cities, which are
>>   historically consistent.
>[...]
>> Generally, I think more emphasis should be put on points 2 and
>> 3... This is a game, after all...

> I would put more emphasis on point 1 myself.  However, I would add
>a point 4, which is the extended historical impact.

That's the way it's in Civ1&2. But I claim that historical impact shouldn't
be so important; think about how many cultures were there in 3500BC?
If there would be only original cultures/nations there wouldn't be
too much to choose. And it's nice to play with your own nation.

--
kirjoitti:  Tuomas Airaksinen              linux
kotisivu:   http://tumasites.cjb.net        is