Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 4 new nations

To: jan_heidefuss@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 4 new nations
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:09:57 EDT

Dear Jan,

I am sure your effort in contributing to the Freeciv project is appreciated by all. But still, I have to respectfully disagree on adding the Taiwanese as a new nation. First of all, I don't see any demand for a Taiwanese nation, so your first argument doesn't apply. Secondly, you can't compare Taiwanese with Mordor or Dunedain. It's not a fantasy nation. In fact, it's not a nation at all. Its offical name is Republic of China, and its people is still Chinese. It is not a new nation, not even in the sense as used in Freeciv. Finally, I just want to remind you again that not that long ago Germany was divided into two countries. I don't suppose you would make two nations for the Germans as well, would you?

Sorry for dwelling on this subject, and I don't want to drag politics into the game we all love. But as a Chinese, I feel that I should set the record straight on this issue.

Best regards,

Mike