Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 4 new nations

To: rwb197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jan_heidefuss@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: A patch for 4 new nations
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:17:57 EDT

From: Robert Brady <rwb197@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:49:37 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, [iso-8859-1] Jan Heidefuss wrote:

> I created a patch which introduces 4 new nations to
> the game: The Austrians, the Indonesians, the Swiss
> and the Taiwanese.

Not that I'm objecting, but I'd seriously reconsider adding the Taiwanese. Note that there are no seperete People's Republic of Korea/Republic of Korea, and possibly there shouldn't be seperate >People's Republic of China and Republic of China.

In my totally biased opinion as a Chinese, I do object adding the Taiwanese, or the Republic of China. We are the same Chinese people despite our political differences. (I assume you are not adding the indigenous people on the Taiwan island, which should probably be a hut anyway. ;-) Robert has pointed out the Koreans as a good example. And you have apparently forgotten that the Berlin Wall ever existed, but I don't blame you. :-)

Mike