Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: isometric tileset screenshots

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: yoohootim@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: isometric tileset screenshots
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 23:15:28 EDT

I think they look great!

I finally bought the original Civ2 (Multiplayer Gold), just to see how it really works. Sure, the graphics looks dated, and the isometric view does need some getting used to (I keep moving my units in the wrong direction), but the 3D look does seem very attractive to me now. Don't get me wrong, I love the trident tileset and strongly prefer it to the "classic" ones. However, I now think I will move towards the isometric view if it becomes available. And I believe the isometric tileset can and will be improved upon further.

Again, excellent work, Tim!  :-)

Mike