Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: isometric tileset screenshots

To: miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: yoohootim@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: isometric tileset screenshots
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:21:17 +0200

On Tue, Apr 18, 2000 at 11:15:28PM -0400, Mike Jing wrote:
> I think they look great!

They look very much like Civ II, even the text; so much so that I started
to wonder if they don't infringe on copyrights ...

> I finally bought the original Civ2 (Multiplayer Gold), just to see how it
> really works.  Sure, the graphics looks dated, and the isometric view does
> need some getting used to (I keep moving my units in the wrong direction),

Me too, but I must say, after my second (and last) Civ II game it already
started to make sense to me.  That is, it becomes playable, but I still
find it ugly, buth the isometric system and the particular tiles that
Civ II uses.  The trident tileset is clearer and prettier in my opinion.

> However, I now think I will move towards the isometric view if it becomes
> available.  And I believe the isometric tileset can and will be improved
> upon further.

More votes for having an optional isometric system ... it looks like this
is one of the top items on the wishlist.

--
Reinier Post