Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv news server

To: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv news server
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Mar 2000 00:42:23 +0100

Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Which program (set) do you use?

Check my headers :-)
gnus in emacs

> > I think most serious contributors/users are capable of subscribing to a
> > maillist, don't you think?
>
> Shouldn't we be friendly for newbie contributors as well (me included...;)
> )...

Yes offcourse, I'm just a little bit skeptical :-)
The threshold seems a bit lower to spam a usenet group than it is to
spam a maillist.
However, it might turn out ok, so if someone can set it up, sure.
How about making it read only (as fa.linux.kernel) thus having posts to
the mailing list. (best of both worlds?)
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway