Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv news server

To: Tuomas Airaksinen <tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv news server
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 11:06:25 -0500

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 02:52:50PM +0200, Tuomas Airaksinen was heard to say:
> Why haven't you launched news server on freeciv.org?

  I don't know about majordomo or whatever the Freeciv lists use, but mailman
at least supports news <-> mail gateways; would it be sufficient to just
activate something like that?

> It wouldn't be too hard, I suppose. News server would be
> very much more practical (especially to read) than mailing list.

  In what way?

  Daniel

--
   It is hard to think of anything less sentient than a pumpkin.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_