Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Random suggestion on advance costs

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Random suggestion on advance costs
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:49:30 +0100

>> However, it would also make it more difficult to acquire advanced
technology
>> in the extremely early stages of the game by means of very focused
research

Comparing freeciv behaviour to civ1, I notice that the effect of the science
advisor,
who reduces the number of techs available in the choose research dialog, is
missing.
It is much easier to research tech goals farther up the tree.
(I am not sure this applies to civII, which is
freecivs main compliance standard, as it has techgoal.)

I think an additional requirement, like
"you must have researched two techs in depth-1 before you may research
depth+1"
would reflect the effect of the science advisor.

$0.02